Friday, May 22, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa Come to Town

Grandma and Grandpa C flew in last night for the weekend. After sending Thomas off to school we spent most of the morning outside playing on the swing set in our pajamas because it was such a beautiful morning. Just before lunch Spense took his mom and dad off to clean their teeth and we decided that it would probably be a good time to get dressed. 

I had a hair appointment this afternoon and so the rest of them went downtown to the market. They planned on grabbing something to eat there, but Spense said it was busy so they moved to a nearby restaurant to expedite things. Little did they know how long they would wait to be served! Luckily I was home to get Thomas from the bus.

Olivia tried her hand at pitching

Zach also enjoyed throwing the ball


We enjoyed our usual Friday night pizza together and then spent most of the evening outside playing baseball. Thomas enjoyed being able to show grandpa his improved skills. Grandma and grandpa complained a few times about being a little chilly. We think they're crazy because the evening was beautiful. Then again we didn't come from the 110 degree weather in Arizona. I would take Washington anytime. The evening ended with a short game of soccer in which I tackled Kent and caused him to run over the ball and pull his neck (which he has had surgery on 3 times now). I felt quite bad that he had to quickly go inside and take some painkillers. That's what happens when you play with the big dawgs! (sorry Kent)

Grandma and Thomas enjoyed swinging


What can I say? She's been watching her brother!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun stuff. We can't wait until we get to come up.

Deidre said...

I heard that Kent got in trouble for having too many cars but not that he got tackled...wow Nadia, I didn't know you were that hardcore with sports. L)

Hayley said...

Well done Olivia! I really think you should stick to dancing though! It is much more appropriate for a girl who like pink and nail polish! =) xx

Ford Family said...

She looks like she could be a great baseball player!

Spenser Cammack said...

Note how Zach is throwing the ball with his left hand and his right hand in different photos. We don't know if he is left or right handed yet.