It was a busy Saturday for us. Thomas and Spense headed off to a double header down at the baseball field for a couple of make up games after all the rain we have had. I was hoping that we would be able to get down there for some of it, but we just didn't get around to it.
A little while after they got home I got Olivia dressed for her recital. A couple of the neighborhood kids were over and she was too embarrassed to say "goodbye" to them because she was all dressed up. She was in a bit of a grouchy mood and so as we headed out to their final dress rehearsal I was a little unsure as to how she would do once she was up on stage. Some of the older girls were practicing when we got there and I think that helped to peak her interest a little. She did a great job in the rehearsal and so I had no worries about when she got on stage. She did a really great job although she kept yawning during the beginning part. I'm sure that practicing the same dance gets a little tiring! For some reason Sydney wouldn't hold Olivia's hand when they made the circle, which I thought would worry her, but it turned out OK.
We sat through the rest of the recital much to Thomas' chagrin. He really doesn't like having to go to these things very much, so I always like to remind him that we're a family and we support each other. At this he said, "Well you didn't come to my game this morning." He did have a very valid point there and I did feel awful about not having been there, but then I told him that this is just one recital and we have been to a lot of baseball games this season. That seemed to quiet him down for a while!
She had a bit of trouble doing the twisting
The Hokey Pokey
Washing her face in the Goldfish Song
At the end of the recital we gave Olivia a rose for all
her hard work. She obviously liked that a lot!
After the recital we headed home for a quick bite to each and then it was off to Fun Night at school. To be honest, I don't think that it's all that fun because they don't have a whole lot of stuff there, but the kids enjoyed playing some of the games, getting candy in their bags, and getting a new whoopee cushion!
We came home tired and ready for bed after a quick bath. It was definitely a busy, but fun day together.

3 comments:
That final picture says loads. Love it!
Well done Liv! I think your getting better and better with each show! We're sad we missed it! =( xx
She is so stinkin' cute Nadia...especially in her dance costume!!!
Post a Comment