Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Hiding Place

I don't often like to recommend books to read since, as most of the girls in my book club could all tell you, not many people tend to like what I pick.  Last month, I do believe that I hit on the nail on the head though with "The Hiding Place" by Corrie ten Boom. We actually talked about the book for more than 10 minutes which is always a great sign with a group who normally likes to chat.
This was a great read about Corrie ten Boom, a women involved in the resistance movement during the second world war, and her experience in prison and later in a concentration camp. This is a book about the power of faith, love, and forgiveness. It truly made me feel more grateful for the many things that I have been given and is definitely worth the read. 

2 comments:

Debs said...

OOh sounds good - may use this as my choice for our book club!! Thanks Nad x

Mike said...

I love that book! What a great choice

PS- this is Amy speaking :)