1. She gets so much done with her time. I am the biggest screw off and waster, but Nadia has always been different. She has an amazing ability to be remarkably efficient with her time. She gets done more in a 24 hour day than I swear I do in a whole week.
2. She always considers the needs of others. Whether it is our children or a neighbor, or anyone else that we run across, Nadia always looks to put others first.
3. She is a tireless mother. She does everything that she can to take care of our children. She takes on so much as a mother, doing the work that doesn’t get enough praise, especially from me. She gets trapped all day in the house, watches everything she cleans get dirtied faster than the time it took to clean it, and watches the kids get excited when the guy who didn’t do all that stuff for them comes home. She gave up going for a career, saving her smarts for those closest to her.
4. She is smart, way smarter than me. She had an amazing GPA in college, reads books constantly, keeps up on gospel related readings, and always gives great advice to me for work. Now if I always am willing to listen to that advice is another question.
5. She always cares for me. She is always looking for what she can do for me or lighten my load.
6. I love that she tries to take an interest in things important to me. She watch a sports game and ask questions about what is going on, even if she could care less if I didn’t care about it.
7. She is always trying to better herself. She sets a high standard for herself and tries to live up to it.
8. There is not half done job with Nadia, she does everything 100%.
9. She really magnifies church callings. She finds out what needs to be done and gets on with it.
10. She pushes me to be better (even when I resist).
11. She’s got a cool accent.
12. She is fiercely loyal. A friend is a friend for life. You have a responsibility to keep up with friends, no matter what time or distance between you.
13. She makes me laugh, we laugh in the car (inside joke).
14. She is as beautiful as the day I met her.
15. She keeps one mean garden, the envy of the neighborhood.
16. She can decorate so well, I am always amazed how nice a room turns out with her vision. Me I can’t see the beginning from the end.
17. She is a good sister and daughter.
18. She has really gotten involved with my family.
19. She is forgiving, and understanding.
20. She said yes. I am really grateful for that. Sometimes I still worry that she will figure out the real me and wake up to her circumstances. But she has made me most everything that I am. I am more tidy, understanding, loving, patient, spiritual, and determined as a person because of her. I really would never want to dream of where I would be or who I would be without her.
Nadi, I love you so much.

10 comments:
I honestly teared up Spense! Happy Birthday Nadia. There were a few little things that I didn't know. We sure love that you are a part of this family.
That was so great! So true, Nadia is an amazing person. Happy Birthday and Happy Mother's day!!
This is such a LOVELY post Spense!! It made me go all tingly! We love you Nadia and are so glad for the influence you are in our lives. What a lovely husband you have too! x
How very cool of you Spense.
Nadia you really are that amazing and one day I will live up to that. I am so sorry I forgot your birthday- I forgot Brad's too. I hope your birthday was as wonderful as you are and that you have a great Mother's Day!
Love Amy
Happy Birthday Nads! We love you too! xx
Happy Birthday and Mother's Day Nadia! How cool of Spenser to write such a thoughtful post! I certainly envy your ability to get so many things done in a short amount of time! You are awesome!
Happy Belated Birthday! Hope it was a great one.
Amen!!!
What as lovely post Spenser and Nadia you are a wonder woman X
That is so sweet! I hope that you had a good birthday and Mother's Day. It sounds like you did. I love looking at your blog to keep up to date with your family.
Oh, my Mom also recommends that book, the Hiding Place.
Post a Comment