Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Farewell but not for long



Today was the day for mum and dad to fly back to England. It has been so nice to have them here. I am definitely glad that they weren't able to find a cheap deal on the continent this year, which made Seattle look like a more favorable option. I have lived in the US now for almost 11 years and for some reason I have missed them more than usual this year. Maybe it's because I went home in March. Maybe it's just getting older (I know 32 isn't old). Maybe it's because they're getting older and dad has had some health issues this year. It makes me start to worry about how long they will be able to keep up transatlantic flights for, and I want my children to know them and love them like I do.

It was a fun trip for me. We were a little more relaxed than usual. Usually we just go, go, go and try to fit in seeing and doing lots of things, but because dad didn't feel well we didn't do quite as much of that. It meant that we had more time to just sit and chat about life, about childhood, and about the future. I think that they went home happy. Mum had beautifully painted toe nails from our trip to T-Spa last night and dad's teeth look just beautiful!

Mum and dad I love you both. It never gets any easier putting you on a plane, but somehow knowing that you have a ticket already booked for December seemed to make it that much better. See you soon.

3 comments:

England Family said...

I love it when the tickets are booked to see eachother again. It does make it so much easier!

Heather S. said...

I know, it's so hard having family be so far away. That's great that they already plan to come back again so soon!

Ford Family said...

Looks like you had a great time with them. I would hate to live so far away from family, so it's great you've been able to see them a few times this year, and I'm sure you'll have a great Christmas. Are Hayley and Josh coming too?