This morning was spent packing up the car for our trip out to Seabrook and Pacific Beach this weekend. We did also head down to the Farmers Market before we headed out. We picked up some cinnamon bread for french toast tomorrow morning and they had the tastiest peaches. Dad and Spenser also brought a couple of gallons of salsa. Of course we couldn't leave without picking up gingerbread people and today we got to the market early enough to find a gingerbread girl. We normally just always end us with the boys.
The gingerbread girl
Zach loved his gingerbread man, but couldn't eat it
without breaking it up into pieces
Strolling the market
Zach and Olivia were of course horsing around
Not quite the flowers at Pike Place market,
but still very pretty
Whenever I'm down here and see all of the great produce
I wonder why I don't come down here more and support the local's
Of course it took us longer than expected to finally get out of the driveway and of course there was a quick trip to Fred Meyer to pick up ice and a few other things I knew we had forgotten. Spense and dad went over to Blockbusters to pick up some movies while I ran and got the groceries. We finally made it on our way and about an 1 1/2 hours later we drove into Seabrook. Mum and I were both glad to be there since the kids were starting to complain and Zach wouldn't stop screaming. He was much happier once he was out of his car seat, but had managed to pee through his diaper and soak himself.
When we arrived we were all starving. I had taken a crock pot of spaghetti sauce with us so I quickly boiled some spaghetti, cooked the garlic bread and tossed the caesar salad to save us from fading away (and consuming any more chocolate than we already had to maintain our sugar levels!). After dinner we decided to have a short walk around the property. The owners had a radio flyer in the garage so Zach and Olivia took that while Thomas rode on his scooter. The evening had turned pretty cool, but we had a nice walk.
No pictures for Miss Olivia
The only way to finish the evening was with a fire and a soak in the hot tub. This is definitely Elaine's favorite thing to do and the kids love it too. Olivia just doesn't allow us to have the jets going while she's in there.
Zach was very eager to get his marshmallow on the stick to make his smore. He was a bit of a hinderance to Spenser though, who got quite frustrated with him. Every time Spenser managed to get a bit of a fire going Zach put in his stick and knocked it all down.
Grandma and Olivia enjoying the warm water
A very serious Thomas

No comments:
Post a Comment