Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Salmon Run



Before dinner tonight we decided to take a walk around the falls and see if any of the salmon were running. There were already quite a few fish in the tank and fisherman Graham (aka Grandpa) was interested in seeing them.

Olivia and grandpa looking at the salmon

As is usual mum didn't come well prepared with a suitable jacket for the trip even though I told her that she would need something warm. Luckily, I had another North Face that I could pull out for her.

Near the top of the falls

The whole family
(Do you like my Zach induced pouffy hair!)

Hand in hand

Then we all wanted to join in

Mum and I had inappropriate footwear on (what's new!) and so we didn't climb down to the water since we were afraid that we might not get back up.

Mother and daughter

The kids love going down to the water and climbing
on the big rocks there

We all enjoyed the walk on what turned out to be quite a brisk evening and Elaine was definitely ready for her pork burrito when she got back home!

1 comment:

England Family said...

Nad, Glad your mum and dad made it. It looks like you had a lovely time. It's good to see your mum and dad with the kids. My kids love seeing Grandma and Grandpa. I know yours do too.