The group on Pike Street
Today we headed up to Seattle. Our first stop was in Bellevue to hit Deseret book. Dad always enjoys visiting whenever he comes out here. He didn't buy too much this time though because mum had warned him! We then drove into Seattle. Since it was lunch time we stopped for a little refreshment before we went to see anything. First port of call was Pike Place Market. We got to see them throwing the fish and mum loved all of the flowers. As we walked through the market dad said that he was on the look out for some little 'ma and pa' business that he could take back to England! Unfortunately, we had no such luck with any ideas!
The original Starbucks started at Pike Place Market in 1971. It then moved to it's current location in 1976. Mum and dad of course had to pose for a couple of shots. We knew that Hayley would appreciate seeing that. She loves her vanilla steamer!
This picture would have been better if the car wasn't right there.I thought it a little inconsiderate since I am sure that many a person wants a photo of this location!
After peeking into the shops we headed off down 1st Ave. Along the way we saw a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and Grandma just couldn't resist. She treated herself and the kids some some marshmallows dipped in caramel and coated with M & M's. Dad and I decided not to add any additional mass to our waist lines.
Olivia enjoyed her tasty treat
I told mum and dad that I would take them down to Pioneer Square if they wanted to and we also talked about doing a Duck tour, but I think that dad had had enough. He has spent a lot of time sleeping this trip and you can tell that he is in a lot of pain with his hip. I think that mum was a little bit frustrated with an abrupt end to the day, but we didn't want to keep dragging him around town so we left about 4:00 p.m. The great thing with our earlier start was that we managed to miss a lot of the work traffic. Hopefully he will be feeling up to more sightseeing when they are back here again at Christmas.

No comments:
Post a Comment