
Today was the day we have been anticipating for a while. Olivia has been so excited to go to the "Gingerbread House" all summer long. She wasn't as obliging for pictures as Thomas and we were trying to be on time so I just had to go with what I had. She loved putting on her butterfly backpack and was excited to be seeing some of her little girl friends at preschool. When we got to the door she held onto my hand a little tighter and I was worried that we might have problems for a while, but she took off her bag and joined right in.

I knew that she was a little nervous since she
started to suck her thumb

Playing with friends

When I left I wasn't as sad or nervous as I had been with Thomas on his first day of preschool or kindergarten. I think it's because I know how ready she is for this new experience and how good it will be for her learning and confidence. When I picked her out she showed me the calendar she had made and told me that they had talked about seeds.
She didn't feel too well when she came home though. She had developed a nasty cold during the night and said that her ear hurt. Tonight when she was out down for bed I heard that familiar barking sound which means only one thing - croup is back.
5 comments:
Well done Olivia! Keep up the good work! xx
She looks so stinkin cute at the front door. Who wants those dumb cheesy posed pictures anyway. We especially like the crying on santa's lap pictures that I hang up every winter. This is real life, baby.
It looks like a fun preschool. Enjoy your time with the baby.
Good for her! It sounds like she will love it.
I know the croup thing all too well. We have spent many a night in a steamy bathroom with the hot shower on. I hope she feels better soon.
Connor asked why Olivia wasn't in his class. Maybe next year! Glad she had fun...and hope she gets better.
She is such a sweetie. Sorry about the croup. I hope it doesn't stay long (but that usually isn't the case). Good luck to you!
Post a Comment