We had taken some cereal that we ate in our room for breakfast. The kids were really more interested in getting out to the water park again though, and so we quickly got dressed and packed up. Olivia got braver during the day and went down a couple of the bigger slides by herself with the boys and I. Spense and I pretty much switched off with going on the older rides with the kids. We all spent a lot of time in the wave pool and kid area together too. I definitely enjoy the slides, but one thing that I do have to complain about is the fact that there is water spraying off of everything, everywhere. I know that you are expected to get wet when you go to these kinds of places, but I hate cold water on me and the little kids lying in wait to dump cold buckets of water on you as you walk under them. I like my water to feel like bath water. Is that asking too much?! Luckily, once you are wet, you do get used to it.
After playing for a few hours we stopped for lunch. Thomas wanted chicken and the rest of us opted for pizza hut. It really hit the spot. All of that swimming definitely helps to work up a good appetite.
We had a fun time and there were a couple of tender moments that really touched me as I watched the kids. Zach and Olivia were in the kid area together going down the slide there. When they got to the bottom they waited for one another so they could walk hand in hand to the steps and do it all over again. They must have done this for about 30 minutes. It was nice to be reminded that they really do love another!
As we waited for some of the slides we were underneath a ticking time biomb. Above our heads was a huge bucket gathering gallons and gallons of water that was just waiting to fall. When the bell sounded we knew it was time. Thomas knew how much Olivia didn't want to get wet and every time this happened he jumped right in front of her and covered her up so she was safe. He has such a kind, tender heart and I love him.
We left around 5 p.m after Spenser and Zach had both fallen asleep in the corner. Olivia was also pooped and so we decided that it was time to head out. Ryan complained that we weren't thinking about them at all and that started Thomas off too. He only has a much older sibling and so doesn't understand as much what it's like when you have to consider everyone in the family. He was just as tired too though, because he fell asleep as soon as we dropped him off next door.
We spent the rest of the evening outside, cutting the lawn, and riding bikes. I was actually quite surprised how much we got down since we were all pretty exhausted. Movie night was also put on hold since I don't think that anyone would have lasted more than a couple of minutes in - including (well especially) Spenser and I.

5 comments:
We really enjoyed the Great Wolf Lodge when we went too! We heard there is one 4 hours from us, so we may try it sometime. Too bad your guest wasn't a little more gracious. Loved the touching moments...it makes me so happy when I catch my kids being kind to each other all on their own.
BTW...I love your new pic, but I have to admit that I tried to scroll up. :)
Looks like alot of fun!Why weren't we invited?? =) xx
NAdia, just cause I know you'de look, I love you!!!
Looks like you had a great time! Your kids are getting so big. They are darling!
Post a Comment