We picked up our new family addition tonight. He is cuddly and very furry and we are loving him.
Cooper came to stay with us for a week tonight while the Johnson's vacation in California. Since the kids have been begging us to get a dog I volunteered to take care of Cooper when I heard that they were going to Disneyland. I wanted to see how much the kids would really like having him around, and also see how much extra work a dog would mean for me. It was so funny to hear everyone tell Spenser how difficult it would be for him to have a dog poop in his yard. I think that he really started to worry that people think he's turned into some kind of fanatic. While he does like to have a nice green and well mowed lawn, we didn't think that a few pee patches and poop piles would be that big of a problem.
The kids loving Cooper
Olivia and her new little friend
The kids were super excited when we went to get Cooper. They loved showing him our backyard and playing ball with him. The whole thing was apparently so exciting that even our little neighbor Levi came over to join in the action. Zach of course was in dog heaven and I was very extremely surprised by how interested Olivia was with Coop. She doesn't usually seem to pay much attention to dogs, but she loved running around with him. I think that that girl will continue to surprise us for the rest of our lives. The only people who weren't too happy with Cooper's arrival were Jack and Boo, the two dogs next door.

4 comments:
No offense to Cooper but I really think Chester fits much better! =) xx
Wow you're brave- kids and a dog- one combination I would never mix! Kids are already too much hard work!
You had me fooled. I honestly thought you'd given in!!
Thanks again! WE are so lucky to have good friends like you guys! So...are you going to give in and get a dog???
Post a Comment